To build a home


Recently the spring revive DTS went to Spokane Washington for mini outreach. this has been in the works since early march when our little staff team of 8 gathered in the DTS office to pray about where we were supposed to go. The Lord spoke very clearly giving pictures of the main street in spokane and to others giving the word spokane or to others peace about going there.
Last week was full of Evangelism meeting people who were just in need of encouragement and reminders of Gods love and then out of that random opportunities popped up. We had wanted to attend church and Wednesday was the only day we had room in our schedule to do so and the only church that had a service on Wednesday ended up being a huge opportunity! The pastor invited us to come talk about missions and to get students who attend school there excited about Gods call on their lives. The next night and final night of being in Washington we were invited to a youth revival where basically we just got to walk around and pray for middle and high school kids. knees were healed and some student who had been planning on committing suicide were having love and purpose spoken over them. Holy spirit high lighted different kids to our students and staff and they were able to go and pray for them and give them encouraging words on what their father God thought of them.
The most amazing thing we saw on mini outreach however was the unity of our students. I had never seen them want to be around each other so much up until that week. God was changing them from people who didn't trust themselves or one another to a family that wanted to champion one another. The most profound thing I have encountered in my time in Ywam has not been the physical healing or salvations by the hundreds, but the work that the lord dose on individual hearts when they are willing to say yes.
God does not want people who simply do all there right things, He wants His children who walk in the confidence of His love.  
When I was young my parents directed a summer camp for kids. I have always felt safe and secure in that place. My parents had made a home for my family there even if that is not the place they work anymore. It wasn't that camp was a completely safe place, there were many opportunities for me to hurt myself and for one summer I had a bright blue cast to prove it, but the security that I felt was not from the place but form my parents. They loved me and I had no doubts about that. I knew I was the daughter of Rob and Val Lee. Rob who is kind and pastoral and fun and who listens with his whole being because he understands the value of people. Val who is full of joy and cares deepely and sees the good in the world and everything for what it could be. Those are who my parents are. That is where my DNA comes from and as a child I knew my parents and I was safe in the home they had made for me at camp.
I walked as a loved kid around camp. sometimes I may have walked as a little too loved. But I always knew who my parents were and that I was loved, so camp was safe for me, always home.
knowing God has made my safe place expand a little. now instead of the 118 acres in Washington state, one of my safe places includes a nation snuggled in south east Asia called Cambodia. I know God. He is a kind and gracious Father filled with love and compassion and adventure. I know I am Loved by him and that is why Cambodia is home now. I have another home. A cute little apartment above a chapel in lakeside Montana with a view of the lake and the mountains that get painted pink every once in a while by the setting sun.
The little blonde girl who ran around camp with her pack of boys trying to keep up, never thought she would travel the world to tell people about Jesus in the midst of mercy ministries. when I only understood the love of my parents I lived in the comforts of camp. Now that I am learning the Love of my heavenly Father, I step out in the adventure of the world. Where the only thing I am chasing after is the places the Holy spirit leads me to, and 118 acres turns into a world of possibilities.
This is why the most profound thing I have seen in Ywam is the change God dose on the personal level with my students. because He takes each student and shows them that in this life time He is building a home for them. The fathers intension for us is to build a home.
Our school on our last day in spokane 

Comments

  1. 1. Yes you are well loved
    2. You made me teary again
    3. So happy you find “home” in many places!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment